Banquet Terms and Conditions
Banquet Terms and Conditions
1. CONFIRMATION and ASSIGNMENT of FUNCTION SPACE: The terms and conditions of any group sales or catering sales agreement previously signed regarding this event remain in force and this Banquet Event Order (BEO) is intended to provide specific function/event information in support of the original agreement. If for any reason the function space reserved is not available for your event, you agree that we may substitute space of appropriate size and comparable quality for your event. If you plan to print or publish the assigned space, please contact us first to confirm the room assignment.
2. GUARANTEE OF CHARGES: At least 72 hours (3 business days) before your event, you must inform us, in writing, of the exact number of people who will attend your event. The arrangements set forth on the reverse side of this BEO will serve as the final arrangements for your event. The services, products, fees etc., as noted will be provided at the time of your event and you will be charged based on the event guarantee that you give us or the number of people indicated at the time you signed this BEO, whichever is greater. We will not undertake to serve more than 3% more than this guaranteed minimum.
3. DEPOSITS/TAXES: We may request that you pay a deposit of 50% of the estimated value of the event when you sign this agreement unless otherwise stated. You agree to pay separately any and all government or local taxes imposed on or applicable to your event.
4. CANCELLATION: Full cancellation will apply upon signing the contract. The same applies to postponement of event. The parties agree and understand that in the event of a cancellation/postponement, you agree to pay 100% performance damage as stipulated on our contract.
5. PAYMENT: At the time of contracting, you must provide us with a valid credit card (unless you have established sufficient credit facilities with Hilton Worldwide or Hotel. Hilton Worldwide accepts American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, Master Card or Visa. If credit has not been approved for your function, you will provide us with the credit card to which all estimated master account charges will be charged. If credit has been approved, you will provide us with your credit card information at the time of contracting. If payment of all undisputed charges is not received within thirty (30) days after your receipt of the final invoice, the relevant finance charges (% to be determined by the Hotel’s bank), or the maximum amount allowed by law, whichever is less, will accrue on the unpaid, undisputed amount, commencing on the date of receipt of the final invoice.
7. OVERTIME: You agree to begin your event promptly at the scheduled start time and agree to have your guests, invitees and other persons vacate the designated event space at the end time indicated on the contract and Banquet Event Order. You further agree to reimburse us for any overtime wage payments or other expense incurred by us because of your failure to comply with these regulations
8. SERVICE CHARGE:
10% service charge and 7% prevailing government taxes including Goods and Services tax.
9. PRICE INCREASES: The Hotel will honor the price agreed upon during contracting. However, if there should be increases in prices due to unforeseen changes in market conditions at the time of your event, the Hotel will communicate these increases to you in advance.
10. OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGE: You may not bring any outside food or drink into our Hotel for use during your functions/meeting, unless agreed by us in writing and in advance of the Event.
11. DISPLAYS AND DECORATIONS; YOUR PROPERTY: We are not responsible for any loss or damage to property belonging to you or your attendees and do not maintain insurance covering it. For the safety of persons and property, no fireworks or incendiary devices may be used indoors at the hotel. All displays and/or decorations will be subject to our prior written approval.
12. SECURITY: If required, in our sole discretion, in order to maintain adequate security measures in light of the size and/or nature of your Event, you will provide, at your expense, security personnel supplied by a reputable licensed security agency doing business in the county in which we are located, which agency will be subject to our prior approval. Such security personnel may not carry weapons and shall comply with local laws applicable to such security personnel.
In our sole discretion, we may require that your security agency (i) sign a hold harmless indemnification and insurance agreement in the form currently in use at the Hotel for security agencies, and (ii) provide proof of insurance in amounts acceptable to us before security personnel will be allowed to provide services on our Hotel premises.
13. CONDUCT OF EVENT: To the fullest extent permitted by law, you assume full responsibility for the conduct of all persons in attendance at your Event and liability for loss and/or any damage done to any part of our Hotel premises during the time of your Event caused by your employees and temporary workers, agents, contractors, sub-contractors, as well as by attendees of the Event.
For the safety of persons and property, no fireworks or incendiary devices may be used indoors at the Hotel. You also agree that your Event will not create any unreasonable disturbance to other guests or meetings, such as excessive noise, smoke or fog machines, dry ice, confetti cannons, candles, incense, or any activity that generates offensive smells. We reserve the right to end your Event functions immediately if you do not comply with our reasonable request to reduce or eliminate any such disturbance, in which case you will remain responsible for payment of all contracted charges related to your Event and no refunds will be issued to you by us.
14. INDEMNIFICATION: To the fullest extent permitted by law, you shall at all times be liable for, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Hotel and Hilton Worldwide (together with their respective owners, managers, partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, servants and agents) (collectively, the “Hotel Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, losses or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines, penalties, costs, legal costs, professional and other expenses of any nature whatsoever (collectively, “Claim(s)”) incurred or suffered by the Hotel Indemnified Parties, arising out of or in any way connected with your Event, including, but not limited to, Claims arising out of the negligence or willful misconduct of your employees, agents, contractors, and attendees; provided, however, that nothing in this indemnification shall require you to indemnify the Hotel Indemnified Parties for that portion of any Claim arising out of the sole negligence or willful misconduct of the Hotel Indemnified Parties.
15. FIRE SAFETY: You agree to obtain at your own expense and provide copies to the hotel of any and all necessary licenses, permits or approvals for your event, including, but not limited to, licensing, local Fire authorities, Health Department, or other permits.
16. DELIVERIES: Arrangements for delivery of packages should be made through the banquet office. Receiving, handling and shipping charges may apply.
17. PROMOTIONAL CONSIDERATIONS: We have the right to review and approve any advertisements or promotional materials in connection with your Event that specifically reference the name of the Hotel or a name or logo owned by a subsidiary of Hilton Worldwide, including, but not limited to: Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Embassy Suites, DoubleTree by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Home2 Suites By Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, and Hilton Grand Vacations. You agree that we may share your Event and Planner information with our third party providers who offer support services to groups holding meetings/functions at our Hotel, including audio/visual services, decorators, florists, and others.
18. AMENDMENTS/CHANGES: The parties agree that any amendments or changes to the arrangements described in this contract must be made in writing, signed by both you and us, provided, however, that this contract includes all signed or unsigned banquet event orders (and the terms and conditions contained therein and attached thereto)issued by us for this and related events.
19. INSURANCE: You will obtain and keep in force the appropriate insurance protects you by providing reasonably commensurate with all activities arising from or connected to your Event, including, but not limited to, insurance affording coverage for public liability and property damage. Upon request, you agree to provide us with a certificate or proof of such insurance.
Please note that obtaining and maintaining appropriate insurance that affords these types of protections should be a benefit to you, as an appropriate insurance policy should provide coverage to you by paying the Hotel for damages that occur during your Event and which you would otherwise be required to pay under the indemnification clause. For informational purposes only, single event insurance (sometimes called “private event insurance” or “special event insurance”) may be available for purchase at reasonable rates, including from reputable online insurance providers. When purchasing single event insurance, you should select public liability and property damage coverage, for instance.
You may, at your option, purchase insurance to cover your personal property, including decorations, special objects and other property. We have no insurance for, and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we shall not be responsible for, any damage to or loss of your property. You accept the responsibility to insure the mentioned property.
20. FORCE MAJEURE. Neither party shall be responsible for failure to perform this agreement if circumstances beyond their reasonable control (including, but not limited to, acts of God, governmental authority, declared war in the country in which the Hotel is located, or terrorist attacks in the area in which the Hotel is located) make it illegal or impossible for us to hold the Event. The affected party may terminate this agreement without liability upon providing written notice to the other party within ten (10) days of any such occurrence.